Smart Ladies Nakuru
P.O Box 10219 – 20100 Nakuru Kenya Tel: +254780974321/ 0745719775
ADVERTISEMENT FOR A VACANCY
Smart Ladies Organization is a non-profit community based organization, founded in April 2009. It is registered as Smart Ladies Women Group in Nakuru by the Ministry of Social Services. The organization was established as a result of mobilization of sex worker as an advocacy and empowerment platform due to the diverse challenges faced by the members
In view of this there is needed to have seamless services at the organization. Smart Ladies wishes to fill the following position.
1. Finance and Administration Officer
Reporting to the Executive Director, the overall responsibility of the Finance and Administration officer will be to carry out ordinary day to day duties to ensure the smooth running of the finance and Administration department at SMART LADIES.
- Ensure all financial activities comply and are consistent with SMART LADIES policies and procedures, international accounting and auditing standards and adhere to the terms and conditions of donor agreements.
- Management of office petty cash: overseeing petty cash transactions, preparing monthly petty cash summary reports and requisitions for petty cash imprest as and when they fall due.
- Ensure time sheets for all staff are filled and signed and that these correspond to the time worked
- Management of project cash flow and preparation of monthly cash flow projections for the field office
- Compile all cash payment requests, for employees for authorization and payment approval. Follow up accountabilities of expense and reimbursement claims.
- Verify the accuracy, validity and legitimacy of all procurement and creditors payments, check completeness of all financial documents (purchase requests, invoices, vouchers, etc. before processing payments
- Maintain accurate and complete daily financial transactions records and supporting documents system, duly electronically filed and labeled for quick access
- Asset management: maintaining the asset register for each project
- Reviewing staff travel and advance payment requisitions and to check thoroughly supporting documents provided.
- Responsible to maintain cash book, ledgers and trial balance for all projects.
- Responsible for preparation of accurate project financial reports and submission to the donor as well as regular management reports.
- Running the organization payroll and filing and payment of NHIF, NSSF and PAYE, NITA deductions before the due dates
- Preparing purchase request for approval and providing logistical support during procurement
- Carrying out monthly bank reconciliations
- Management of accounts payables
- Preparation of annual budget and monitoring of budgets during implementation.
- Posting financial transactions into QuickBooks accounting software
- Providing support during annual external audits & Project compliance Audit
- General office management including ensuring cleanliness of the office, overseeing office repairs
- Management of office supplies including purchase, issuing, regular stock count and reordering of office supplies
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate filing systems (both physical and electronic) and databases for office correspondence, program and financial documents
- Gathering information for project and program from sources such as the internet, making phone calls and other areas as required
- Ensuring compliance of Administrative, travel, IT, HR and procurement policies by SMART LADIES staff
- Maintenance of all Staff files ensuring completeness
Education, knowledge, technical skills, experience and desirable requirements
- Minimum 1 year of experience in accounting, financial, and budget management, in similar position within non-governmental sector. Must also demonstrate substantial experience in an existing similar role and Minimum of CPA Part II.
- Experience from working with donors on financial policies and guidelines, grants management and maintaining ledgers and cash / bank reconciliations is an asset.
- Must be highly result-oriented, self-motivated, honest and have demonstrable analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize assignments, manage own time to meet deadlines, have positive attitude, pay attention to detail and handle work pressure.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS office (especially excel) Knowledge and practical experience in using QuickBooks software will be highly considered
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership and communication skills. Able to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and a growing organization and ability to work as part of a team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, dedication to the mission and vision of the organization and adheres to strong ethical professional values.
- Minimum of a certificate in Microsoft Office proficiency with excellent skills in use of MS Excel
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Flexibility, willingness and readiness to work with Key population
- Contract and Level of Involvement; The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year employment contract upon completion of 3 months’ probation period and subject to outstanding performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply
All application letters together with detailed CVs including names of three referees and expected remuneration for the above advertised assignment should be addressed to email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday 25th November 2019 by 5:00 P.M.
clearly on the
subject line of the email the position you are applying for.